Sabic located in Sittard-Geleen has a vacancy for a
Senior Communications Business Partner Corporate Functions
Regional Communications Europe, this department is part of the Global Communications organisation embedded within Corporate Affairs. The Regional Communications department in Europe has a staff of 8 employees, working on several sites and offices across Europe. The department collaborates with and advises regional Corporate Function leads or Manufacturing/EHSS leads to develop and execute internal and external communications strategies, plans and communications policies.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Act as the focal point for Corporate Functions to develop and execute internal and external communications strategies & plans to support business objectives. Partner with Corporate Functions to assure alignment with global communications initiatives and/or create regional-specific communications strategies.
The main responsibilities of the Sr. Communications Business Partner are:
- Partner with regional Corporate Function leads to develop internal and external communications strategies and plans, aligned with business needs and global corporate function and/or business initiatives.
- Ensure client groups are aware of global communications initiatives that affect their functions.
- Drive and execute regional/local multi-channel communications - Media relations, Internal Communications- activities in collaboration with Center of Expertise in Head Quarters, ensuring applicability with regional norms or legal requirements.
- Develop communications in alignment with SABIC brand guidelines and standards, including messaging and design, of all communications developed in support of business needs.
- Advise corporate functions in delivery of key corporate leadership messages for team meetings, site events and public engagement.
- Lead communications when serving as a team member for projects within the region, which will require communication support, collaborating with global teams.
This is a full-time position, which could require involvement outside normal working hours.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Communication Studies or Equivalent and minimum 7 years of professional experience in corporate communications or related function in a dynamic and fast-paced B2B multinational environment.
- Excellent project management skills and strong business acumen, with strong execution and drive for results.
- Ability to work with disparate global teams and activities and to act in complex matrix structures.
- Good at selling new ideas, generating enthusiasm & generating action from people
- Change agent and able to facilitate change processes from a communication standpoint.
- Decisive, able to define own objectives, ability to multi-task, work under pressure and strength to say “no” when appropriate.
- A self-starter, enthusiastic and a good team player
- Analytical thinker with strong hands on mentality
- Personal & Collaborative leadership – strong in influencing and stakeholder engagement
- Strong in both written and verbal communication as well as proficient in English
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter on +31 (0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better. SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Apply for this job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.