Strategic and influential role for an experienced and inspiring communications professional
AkzoNobel is a paints and coatings company with strong global brands, leading market positions and a balanced geographic presence across all regions. Our ambition is to be the reference, the leader, in paints and coatings. We’re building our future on solid foundations – our long and proud heritage of more than 200 years, our core principles and our values. We’re convinced that our success is and will be driven by our passion for paint, our proud people, our powerful performance and precise processes.
Our Winning together: 15 by 20 (15% ROS by 2020) ambition is driving a major transformation to accelerate growth and profitability. We’re creating a fit-for-purpose organization with clear customer focus, continued cost discipline, and a performance-driven culture with simplified ways of working.
To help drive our ambition we’re looking for an experienced and inspiring communications professional.
Your focus will be to develop and deliver a leadership communication strategy that supports our functional leaders to communicate our ambition in an engaging and inspirational way. In doing so you act as a trusted communication business partner for senior leaders, while creating inspiring content supporting our Winning together: 15 by 20 ambition.
As such, this is a position for candidates with the capacity to understand complex business requirements and quickly assess communications needs. You have a natural maturity to operate and influence at the highest levels of a multi-stakeholder environment and act as reliable communication business partner.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a creative and results-focused team player with a proven record of developing and managing impactful strategic communications? Can you assume a high level of hands-on ownership and thrive within a dynamic and high-performance environment? Do you have the skills to manage complex projects simultaneously and deliver under the pressure of tight deadlines? Above all, do you have what it takes to make a real difference within our dynamic, diverse, multicultural global communication function?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of:
Communications Manager Corporate Functions
The role and its responsibilities
This role is based at our Headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and you will report to the Head of Functional Communications. The key objectives of the role are:
Develop and deliver communications strategies for our functional leaders
You support high level functional leaders in terms of:
- Communicating the strategy for our corporate functions, our ‘15 by 20‘ transformation journey and key change programs in an inspirational and engaging way;
- Building trust and confidence in our functional leaders and motivating employees in our corporate functions to make a positive contribution to our company performance;
- Improving employee awareness of our corporate functions and their services to support the implementation of our new way of working and to generate pride in the company
Act as a trusted communication business partner
In this capacity you drive effective communication for two of our main corporate functions Global Business Services (GBS), Information Management (IM) to support delivery of functional objectives and their change programs. Manage transparent and reliable communication within the function and to its key stakeholders outside the function.
Content creation and delivery
This requires you to:
- Develop and deliver content supporting the functional leaders through Essentials, our bi-weekly employee newsletter, webcasts, townhalls and communications support for global change projects and the implementation of functional strategies;
- Develop, write and publish global internal communication messages that are relevant to all employees in the function and senior leadership announcements;
- Build strong working relationships across all AkzoNobel’s Communications Managers and Communications Business Partners to ensure communications plans are aligned to business and regional objectives and safeguard consistency of strategy communications across AkzoNobel’s key functions
Actively contributing to the ongoing development of a high-performing, collaborative, and engaged Global Communications Team.
This includes a proactive approach towards standardization, alignment of communication tools, capability building and measurement and the ability to switch quickly between strategic thinking and hands-on implementation.
To apply for this position, you must possess all the following attributes:
- 7+ years’ experience in internal or corporate communications within a global matrix organization with multiple business units/markets is essential;
- Exemplary stakeholder management skills, able to act as an experienced advisor to senior leadership in a global environment;
- Exceptional all-round communication skills including, change communications and native or near-native written and spoken English;
- Proven track record in developing and managing high-impact strategic communications;
- Strong understanding of message/channel effectiveness and the use of different media to communicate core messages;
- Able to translate complex concepts into meaningful language and apply a great eye for detail;
- Excellent project management skills and ability to drive channel effectiveness;
- Masters degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business or similar studies is required.
We offer a dynamic international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190003MQ or via the ''Apply'' button. If you have any questions, please contact Michiel Paes, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)6 46 636 997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated