The World Press Photo Foundation is expanding, with its mission of connecting the world to the stories that matter being carried out through more activities and innovative programs reaching new audiences. For six decades, the World Press Photo Foundation has been working from its home in Amsterdam as an independent, nonprofit organization.
We showcase stories that make people stop, feel, think and act. We
exhibit those stories to a worldwide audience, educate the profession
and the public on their making, and encourage debate on their meaning.
We are a global platform connecting professionals and audiences through
trustworthy visual journalism and storytelling.
PR & Marketing Manager
The Communication department consists of 5 team members and is currently looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and hands-on individual to work with us and focusing on public relations, media relations, and marketing. The PR & Marketing Manager will work together with the team to implement the foundation's communications strategy and explore and execute new communications initiatives.
- Developing and executing public relations, media and marketing strategies for the World Press Photo House and its events, as well as the World Press Photo Festival program and other corporate activities;
- Coordinating high-level (media) events;
- Producing and posting content for the foundation's events and activities, ensuring they are appropriately marketed via digital communications channels including the website, online advertising, social media and email marketing;
- Preparing and producing media releases and media kits;
- Responding effectively to public inquiries, partner needs, and media requests;
- Developing general communications and branding materials to promote the foundation and its programs and activities;
- Helping manage our databases of photos, videos, and (inter)national contacts;
- Analyzing and reporting on media coverage and social media engagement to ensure our messages are engaging our audience;
- Devising advertising strategies for events and activities of the House and Festival a.o.;
- Researching new developments in communications, media, visual journalism and storytelling;
- Advise on and manage project communication.
- Fluency in both spoken and written Dutch and English, an additional language is a plus;
- At least 5-7 years experience in public relations, media relations, marketing and events, in a communication agency, or the cultural or NGO sector;
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing events marketing and PR campaigns;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a range of audiences;
- Experience in online marketing channels are essential;
- Strong and proven network with the Dutch media, and in the cultural and photography scene;
- Impeccable spelling and grammar proficiency and thorough proofreading skills with a consistent eye for detail;
- Creative, high-energy individual who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment;
- Self-starting, well organized, flexible and able to manage stress;
- Team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- General knowledge of and an interest in media, photography and visual journalism;
- Proficiency in communications programs and tools such as Salesforce, Cision, and MailChimp, with skills in social platform, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator desirable;
- Living in or close to Amsterdam.
What we offer
We offer a position with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. You will get the chance to work with colleagues across the organization on maintaining and developing the communications and media profile of the foundation and all its activities worldwide.
We would like you to start as soon as possible, for a initial period of 12 months. This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week, with working hours that are somewhat flexible depending on deadlines. Contract can possibly be extended after a year.
Information and application
The World Press Photo Foundation wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, gender, nationality, race or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications that can make the organization a better reflection of global society. This position is only open to EU citizens or individuals with an existing, valid work permit for the EU.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Barbara Bufkens, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or Erik Jager, HR Director : +31(0)20-6766096, email@example.com.
How to apply
Please respond in English before 22 October by filling in the application form. Please submit both your CV and a letter of motivation as a pdf document. You can start your application by clicking the button 'Apply now'.